A new release of gPodder is out. This release improves UI startup performance as well as introduces our own podcastparser library that we use in gPodder 4 to the gPodder 3 releases -- this should improve the feed parsing performance and allow for better support of podcast-specific features like Podlove Simple Chapters and Paged Feeds in the future (some of these features are already in gPodder 4's codebase).
Here's what's new:
- Fix tagging download extension (#148, patch by Eric Le Lay)
- Improve YouTube cover art resolution (patch by Hiltronix)
- win32-launcher: Fix crash when Python is missing
- Sync UI: Update podcast list after sync (#136)
- Port from feedparser to podcastparser
- Set UI upper limit for episodes per podcast based on current value
- Cache cover art thumbnails in SQLite database
- Load/update the episode list model in the background
As always, a detailed changelog is available at gpodder.org/changelog/3.9.2.
You can find a list of downloads on gpodder.org.
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this yet, but I'm having a terrible time getting my OPML file to import into this revision of gPodder, and it will not download current podcasts.ReplyDelete
I'm keeping version 3.9.1 until this one is fixed.
Which OPML (URL/File) did you try to add? What was the error you were getting?Delete
Please file a bug report at https://github.com/gpodder/gpodder/issues/new
Here's a link to my Photobucket showing a screenshot of the error, but I'll also post the link to the same screenshot and the terminal output of the same error on the bug report - http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/pinkold/gpodder_error_zpsi6fczqxo.jpg?t=1480965481Delete