A new release of gPodder is out. This release improves UI startup performance as well as introduces our own podcastparser library that we use in gPodder 4 to the gPodder 3 releases -- this should improve the feed parsing performance and allow for better support of podcast-specific features like Podlove Simple Chapters and Paged Feeds in the future (some of these features are already in gPodder 4's codebase).
Here's what's new:
- Fix tagging download extension (#148, patch by Eric Le Lay)
- Improve YouTube cover art resolution (patch by Hiltronix)
- win32-launcher: Fix crash when Python is missing
- Sync UI: Update podcast list after sync (#136)
- Port from feedparser to podcastparser
- Set UI upper limit for episodes per podcast based on current value
- Cache cover art thumbnails in SQLite database
- Load/update the episode list model in the background
As always, a detailed changelog is available at gpodder.org/changelog/3.9.2.
You can find a list of downloads on gpodder.org.