Powered by the Open Iconic icon set and Source Sans Pro, the QML Reference UI takes gPodder onto a new set of platforms, while still keeping some of the patterns we have established with the Harmattan (Nokia N9) version of gPodder:
- Playback color is "blue", play/pause right from the episode list, playback progress subtly displayed inside the episode item; currently-playing episode item highlighted in blue
- Download color is "green", download progress is displayed on the episode item
- Separate play page (now in the "blue" playback color scheme) with a progress bar, but also seek buttons for going 10 seconds and 1 minute in both directions - skip advertisements or talk segments easily, or skip back to rehearse
- Adding subscriptions by directly entering the feed URL, with some shortcuts (e.g. "fb:" for
- feedburner-based URLs, etc...) or by using the gpodder.net search feature
All this runs nicely on any system where Python 3 and Qt 5 is available. For glue, we use PyOtherSide, which has recently got its first public 1.1.0 release, and is now well-documented over at readthedocs.org.
In summary, we're making good progress on gPodder 4 for both Sailfish OS and Blackberry 10. Once we've release gPodder 4 for those platforms, we might want to look into porting it to other platforms.