- Basic support for Python 3 (needs 2to3, CLI only for now, see README)
- Various improvements to the episode title prefix elimination
- Tooling: HTTP authentication test tool (bug 1539)
- Tooling: New maintenance utility: merge-from-transifex.sh
- New commands for gpodder.net: "search" and "toplist"
- Show titles in "gpo list" output (bug 1493)
- "gpo list" now highlights disabled podcasts
- "gpo webui" will start the Web UI server
- New manpage with explanations and usage examples
- Various minor bugfixes and improvements
- Merged code fixes from the "Harmattan" branch
- QML UI: Use Harmattan Qt Quick Components
- QML UI: Remove empty menu actions
Detailed ChangeLog: gpodder.org/changelog/3.0.4
For packages in distributions, see the downloads page.
Please note that the Desktop version of gPodder 3 does not yet contain the MP3 player syncing feature. This is also the reason why the Ubuntu PPA won't be updated to the 3.x releases yet. Users depending on MP3 player syncing are recommended to stay on gPodder 2.20 until we get MP3 player syncing into the 3.x releases. When MP3 player syncing lands in 3.x, we will start updating the Ubuntu PPA again. Ubuntu users not requiring the MP3 player sync feature can use gPodder 3 packages from Debian Experimental in the meantime. See this blog post for more information and add your use cases and offer for volunteering to this wiki page. Thanks for your help!